Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a presence in more than 20 countries around the world.
For their cardiovascular unit, we are looking for a Brand Manager, who will be in charge on the one hand for the Marketing of well-defined cardiovascular products using all elements of the Marketing mix in an optimal way for each product, and on the other hand for the support to the overall cardiovascular strategy and its implementation. In order to contribute effectively to the objectives’ achievement.
Purpose of the job:
To plan, develop and coordinate all strategic, technical and promotional activities related to the Marketing of the assigned cardiovascular products and to ensure their correct cross-functional implementation, in order to achieve annual and long-term market share, Sales and Profit objectives, and ensure the deliverance of the best possible customer experience.
Preparation and implementation of the Marketing plan- Business planning:
- Prepares and submits in due time, an annual Marketing strategy and Customer Experience plan for the assigned products, developed according to company guidelines and in close collaboration with the key internal stakeholders
- Participates for the assigned products to the 5-year company business plan
- Improves Marketing effectiveness by developing efficient and creative omnichannel and customer experience Marketing campaigns relevant to the assigned products
- Analyses and evaluates Marketing Sales, Ciustomer Experience developments in comparison to agreed plans (e.g. Sales vs. objectives, call activities vs. plans, impact of promotional investments)
- Monitors the product related expenditure, Profit performance of the assigned products, and where appropriate, recommends corrective action
- Leads the, the Brand Team meetings, providing an in-depth analysis of the monthly and year to-date situation of the assigned products, including Sales and investments
- Maintains an open line of dialogue concerning plans, activities and achievements within the Marketing, Medical & Commercial departments
Product and market intelligence:
- Maintains a high level of product, therapy and disease knowledge. Develops the necessary expertise on established, new and future competitive developments within therapy areas of responsibility
- Maintains documentation files on assigned products, therapy areas, diseases and competitive products
- Becomes the expert on all relevant commercial data such as Sales history, market share, market size, growth rate and pricing strategy relating to the assigned and competitive products
- Analyses the Sales promotion activities and communication methods of competitive products and reports on any relevant findings
- Provides a central information service to General, Marketing and Commercial management. Answers enquiries from Sales force. External questions coming from health professionals will be coordinated with the Medical/R.A. department
- Keeps well informed on all existing clinical data and results of clinical trials (assigned products and competition)
- Conducts for assigned products and competition, detailed analysis of qualitative and quantitative research surveys and syndicated studies
Promotional material & Omnichannel Actions:
- Proposes, creates and implements promotional, omnichannel and Customer Experience actions for the assigned products in line with the Marketing and Customer Experience plan:
o Promotional plans to achieve these strategies
o Pre-testing of strategies and promotional materials where necessary
o Presentation of promotional, omnichannel and Customer Experience plans to the Sales force
- Coordinates the production of all Sales promotional material for assigned products. If appropriate, briefs the advertising agencies regarding the creation of all proposed promotional material in accordance with approved plans
- Monitors and respects the product related expense budgets laid out in the Marketing and Customer Experience plan and takes where appropriate corrective actions
- Ensures full compliance with the SOP procedure for the release of promotional material
- Adhere to all legal requirements for the promotion of pharmaceutical products
Support to the Sales force and Field feedback:
- Provides in due time and in line with the approved expenditures for the assigned products, optimal logistic support to the Sales force in terms of appropriate Marketing strategies, promotional platforms and direct/indirect promotional materials.
- Ensure that all planned material is available for Sales force use, in accordance with the cycle/campaign plans and respective product strategy.
- Presents and sells the promotional strategies and material to the Sales force, at the appropriate meetings. Motivates the Sales force to apply those strategies and the usage of the developped omnichannel materials
- Carries out regular field visits:
o To evaluate the implementation and accuracy of the Marketing, Customer Experience and promotional plans
o If necessary, to propose corrective actions
o To assess, prior to each promotional cycle / Customer Experience campaign, the adequacy of the detailing talk points developed in the product campaign
o To maintain close links with the Sales staff
o To maintain first hand contacts with target audiences
- Participates in training courses, in order to inform the Sales force on the assigned products and competition.
- Conducts appropriate market research and Marketing research activities.
- Prepares, controls and coordinates the pre-Marketing activities.
- Produces the preliminary Marketing and Customer Experience plan.